Visiting High Wycombe
Travelers give high marks for the lively bar scene in High Wycombe, which is also known for its coffeehouses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theaters, ski areas, and entertainment choices. Windsor Castle, Legoland, and Oracle are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 23 hotels and other accommodations in High Wycombe
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow) 27.3 from the city center
- The next closest is in London (LTN-Luton) 37.9 away
Sightseeing and Staying in High Wycombe
A couple of favorite places to visit are West Wycombe Park and Chiltern Hills. In the area, you'll also find Windsor Castle and Legoland.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in High Wycombe. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Crown at Radnage - This 3-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- The Queen and Albert - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this inn. This 3.5-star inn features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Rye Court Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour front desk. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Oracle, located 15.4 mi (24.8 from the city center, and Frogmore House, which is 12.6 mi (20.3 away.
Getting Around High Wycombe
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from High Wycombe Station or High Wycombe Saunderton Station. High Wycombe might not have as many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for High Wycombe
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 36°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 69°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 71°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 61°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- Average annual rainfall for High Wycombe is 23.11 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 70°F, whereas March and February are often coldest, averaging 36°F