Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Travelers to Watford give high marks for the local tours, lively bar scene, and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its coffeehouses, spas, and shopping. Wembley Stadium, Windsor Castle, and Chinatown are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 29 hotels and other accommodations in Watford
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow) 20.9 from the city center
- The next closest is in London (LTN-Luton) 24.9 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Watford
The city's cultural venues include Watford Palace Theatre and Watford Colosseum. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Watford Market is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Impact Falconry and Vicarage Road.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 29 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Watford. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Grove - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and bar.
- Holiday Inn London - Watford Junction - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- Jurys Inn London Watford - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and proximity to shopping.
Popular places to visit in the area include Wembley Stadium, located 8.4 mi (13.5 from the heart of the city, and Windsor Castle, which is 15 mi (24.1 away.
Getting Around Watford
With so many choices for transportation, seeing Watford is a breeze. Make your way to Watford Station for metro transit. If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Watford High Street Station, Watford Junction Station, or Bushey Station.
Dressing for Watford
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 36°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 70°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 72°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 61°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- About 0.83 inches of rain falls on Watford each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 70°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 36°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Watford?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Watford, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Watford?
What's the best accommodation option for a family trip to Watford?
What's the best hotel for couples in Watford?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Watford?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Watford?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Watford?
Recent Reviews in Watford
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Watford airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Watford?
- Where to stay near top Watford attractions?
- More accommodation types in Watford
- What kind of hotels are in Watford?
- Which hotel chains are in Watford?
- What are the most popular hotels in Watford?
- Are there hotels near Watford?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends