Visitors to Uxbridge are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses and parks. Around the area, top sights include Windsor Castle, Wembley Stadium, and Legoland.
- You'll find 4540 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of London
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow) 10.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in London (LGW-Gatwick) 50.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Uxbridge
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the countryside and such places to visit as Denham Lock and Colne Valley Regional Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Buckinghamshire Golf Club and Battle of Britain Bunker.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Uxbridge. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Falcon Inn - Amenities at this 4-star inn include a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and bathrooms.
- Red Lion Hotel, Hillingdon - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel in Hillingdon features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Ivy House - This 3-star guesthouse in Hillingdon features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its proximity to public transit and comfortable beds.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Windsor Castle, located 8 mi (12.8 from the city center, and Wembley Stadium, which is 8.5 mi (13.6 away.
Getting Around Uxbridge
With so many choices for transportation, seeing all of Uxbridge is a breeze. You can access metro transit at Uxbridge Underground Station, Hillingdon Underground Station, and Ickenham Underground Station. If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Uxbridge Denham Station, Hertford Station, or London West Ruislip Station.
Dressing for Uxbridge
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 36°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 70°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 72°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 61°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- Uxbridge gets about 0.83 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 70°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 36°F