Visiting Vail - Beaver Creek (ski area)
Travelers to Vail - Beaver Creek (ski area) give high marks for the ski areas, magnificent mountain views, and riverfront. This city also attracts tourists with its small-town vibe. Top sights in the city include Vail Ski Resort, Betty Ford Alpine Gardens, and Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater.
- There are 1239 hotels and other accommodations in Vail - Beaver Creek (ski area)
- The closest major airport is in Vail, CO (EGE-Eagle County Regional) 45.2 from the city center
- The next closest is in Aspen, CO (ASE-Pitkin County) 62.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Vail - Beaver Creek (ski area)
The mountain views, riverfront, and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty, and Betty Ford Alpine Gardens, Booth Falls Trailhead, and Beaver Lake Trailhead are worth a visit. Skiing, snowboarding, and biking are top activities, while sights to visit include Vail Ski Resort, Beaver Creek Resort, and John A. Dobson Ice Arena. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater and Grand Traverse.
In Vail - Beaver Creek (ski area), you'll be able to select from 1239 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Vail Resorts' Legendary Lodging at Ritz-Carlton Residences - With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and a fitness center, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Elkhorn Lodge - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star condo in Beaver Creek can enjoy access to the ski slopes and free valet parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Four Seasons Resort Vail - This 5-star resort features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Top places to see outside the city include Copper Mountain Ski Resort, located 15.5 mi (25 from the heart of the city, and Breckenridge Ski Resort, which is 20.2 mi (32.4 away.
Dressing for Vail - Beaver Creek (ski area)
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 48°F during the day and -2°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 22°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 29°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 65°F and nighttime averages of -1°F
- About 12.01 inches of rain falls on Vail - Beaver Creek (ski area) each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 79°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 1°F