Visitors to Basalt are sure to enjoy the ski areas, restaurants, and riverfront. Walkable and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights around the area include Snowmass Mountain, Buttermilk Mountain, and Aspen Highlands.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in Basalt
- The closest major airport is in Aspen, CO (ASE-Pitkin County) 24.4 from the city center
- The next closest is in Vail, CO (EGE-Eagle County Regional) 33.2 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Basalt
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Willits Town Center is a favorite for retail therapy. Additionally, in the area you'll find Snowmass Mountain and Buttermilk Mountain.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Basalt. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Basalt Mountain Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and convenient parking.
- Element Basalt - Aspen - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Aspenalt Lodge - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms.
A popular place to see outside the city is Aspen Highlands, located 17.4 mi (28 from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Basalt
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 49°F during the day and 9°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 77°F, while the average at night is 23°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 79°F with nighttime averages of 35°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 64°F and nighttime averages of 9°F
- About 24.88 inches of rain falls on Basalt each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 77°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 10°F