Travelers to Aspen give high marks for the ski areas and magnificent mountain views. This city also attracts tourists with its riverfront and live music. Top sights in the city include Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands, and Buttermilk Mountain.
- There are 214 hotels and other accommodations in Aspen
- The closest major airport is in Aspen, CO (ASE-Pitkin County) 5.2 from the city center
- The next closest is in Vail, CO (EGE-Eagle County Regional) 50.8 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Aspen
The mountain views, hiking trails, and riverfront highlight the city's natural beauty, and Wagner Park, Hunter Creek Trailhead, and Smuggler Mountain are worth a visit. Skiing is one of the top activities, while Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands, and Buttermilk Mountain are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mill Street Fountain and Wheeler Opera House.
In Aspen, you'll be able to select from 214 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Little Nell - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to the ski slopes and 2 restaurants, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and pool.
- Residences at The Little Nell - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to the ski slopes and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort - With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room minibar. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Snowmass Mountain, located 7.1 mi (11.4 from the city center.
Dressing for Aspen
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 49°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 9°F
- From April to June, the average is 77°F during the day and 23°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 35°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 64°F as the daytime average and 9°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Aspen is 24.88 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 77°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 10°F