Visiting Snowmass Village
Travelers to Snowmass Village give high marks for the magnificent mountain views, ski areas, and top-notch restaurants. Quaint and scenic, this city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights around the area include Snowmass Mountain, Aspen Mountain, and Buttermilk Mountain.
- There are 196 hotels and other accommodations in Snowmass Village
- The closest major airport is in Aspen, CO (ASE-Pitkin County) 7.9 from the city center
- The next closest is in Vail, CO (EGE-Eagle County Regional) 48.3 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Snowmass Village
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Snowmass Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. Skiing, hiking, and biking are top activities, while sights to visit include Snowmass Mountain and Capitol Creek Trail. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Snowmass Ice Age Discovery Center and Anderson Ranch Arts Center.
In Snowmass Village, you'll find 196 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Viceroy Snowmass - This 4.5-star resort features a full-service spa, ski slopes, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- The Crestwood Condominiums - Our customers like the helpful staff and location at this condo. This 3-star condo features ski slopes, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Villas at Snowmass Club, A Destination Residence - This 3.5-star condo features 3 outdoor pools, a golf course, and 2 restaurants. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Popular places to see in the area include Aspen Mountain, located 7.4 mi (12 from the city center, and Buttermilk Mountain, which is 5.1 mi (8.2 away.
Dressing for Snowmass Village
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 49°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 9°F
- From April to June, the average is 77°F during the day and 23°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 35°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 64°F as the daytime average and 9°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Snowmass Village is 24.88 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 77°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 10°F