Travelers to Vail give high marks for the ski areas, magnificent mountain views, and riverfront. The quaint and scenic setting also entices those visiting the city. Top sights in the city include Vail Ski Resort, Betty Ford Alpine Gardens, and Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater.
- There are 712 hotels and other accommodations in Vail
- The closest major airport is in Vail, CO (EGE-Eagle County Regional) 45.6 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Vail
The mountain views, hiking trails, and riverfront exemplify the city's natural beauty, and places to visit include Betty Ford Alpine Gardens and Booth Falls Trailhead. Skiing, snowboarding, and biking are top activities, while sights to visit include Vail Ski Resort, John A. Dobson Ice Arena, and Grand Traverse. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater and Gerald Ford Amphitheater.
In Vail, you'll find 712 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Vail Resorts' Legendary Lodging at Ritz-Carlton Residences - With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and a fitness center, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Four Seasons Resort Vail - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this resort. This 5-star resort features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- The Arrabelle at Vail Square, A RockResort - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and ski-in/ski-out access, along with an in-room fireplace. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Beaver Creek Resort, located 7.8 mi (12.6 from the city center, and Copper Mountain Ski Resort, which is 15.4 mi (24.8 away.
Dressing for Vail
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 48°F and the nighttime average to be -2°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 79°F during the day and 22°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 29°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 65°F during the day and -1°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Vail is 12.01 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 79°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 1°F