Visiting Crested Butte
Travelers to Crested Butte give high marks for the ski areas and magnificent mountain views. Quaint and scenic, this city also attracts tourists with its spas.
- There are 178 hotels and other accommodations in Crested Butte
- The closest major airport is in Gunnison, CO (GUC-Gunnison-Crested Butte Regional) 37.3 from the city center
- The next closest is in Aspen, CO (ASE-Pitkin County) 40.2 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Crested Butte
The city's mountain views and hiking trails provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Crested Butte Town Park. Skiing, biking, and snowboarding are top activities, while sights to visit include Sea Level Spa, Trail 403, and Crested Butte Nordic Center. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Crested Butte Chamber of Commerce and Center for the Arts.
In Crested Butte, you'll be able to select from 178 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Nordic Inn - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and central location.
- Lodge at Mountaineer Square - Our customers like the pool and convenient parking at this lodge. This 3.5-star lodge features ski slopes, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Elk Mountain Lodge - This 3-star lodge features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Snowmass Mountain, located 23.5 mi (37.8 from the heart of the city, and Aspen Mountain, which is 23.6 mi (37.9 away.
Dressing for Crested Butte
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 49°F and the nighttime average to be -7°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 19°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 27°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 64°F during the day and -6°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Crested Butte is 10.63 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 77°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of -4°F