Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Kauai, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and beautiful waterfalls. Top sights in the city include Waimea Canyon, Na Pali Coast State Park, and Hanalei Bay.
- There are 1816 hotels and other accommodations in Kauai
- The closest major airport is in Lihue, HI (LIH) 22.5 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kauai
The beaches and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Waimea Canyon, Na Pali Coast State Park, and Hanalei Bay. Snorkeling is one of the top activities, while Princeville Golf Course, Poipu Coast Trail, and Powerline Trail are favorite sights to visit. Other notable sights to explore include Limahuli Garden and Reserve and Lydgate Beach Park.
In Kauai, there are 1816 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Koa Kea Hotel & Resort - This 4.5-star resort features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Marriott's Kauai Lagoons - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and helpful staff at this condo. With a stay at this 3.5-star condo, guests can enjoy access to a golf course and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Hale Ho'o Maha Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Other top sights in Kauai include Polihale State Park and Poipu Beach.
Dressing for Kauai
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 65°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 68°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 74°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 84°F and nighttime averages of 66°F
- Kauai gets about 37.01 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 66°F