Search Maui, Hawaii Hotels from AU$236
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 3 Dec. 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 22 Dec. 2020
Travelers to Maui give high marks for the beaches and live music scene. Top sights in the city include Haleakala National Park, Wainapanapa State Park, and Kaanapali Beach.
- There are 3089 hotels and other accommodations in Maui
- The closest major airport is in Kahului, HI (OGG) 13.9 from the city center
- The next closest is in Hana, HI (HNM) 34.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Maui
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Maui Arts and Cultural Center, Hui Noʻeau Visual Arts Center, and Hawaiian Islands Humpback Whale National Marine Sanctuary Headquarters. The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Haleakala National Park, Wainapanapa State Park, and Kaanapali Beach. Top activities include snorkeling and whale watching, while Kapalua Golf Club Plantation Course, Haleakala Bike Company, and Makamakaole Trail are favorite sights to visit.
In Maui, you'll be able to select from 3089 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Wailea Beach Villas, A Destination Luxury Hotel - This 4.5-star condo resort in Wailea features 2 outdoor pools, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Montage Kapalua Bay - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this condo resort. This 5-star condo resort in Napili, Hawaii features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Hale Napili - This 4-star condo in Napili, Hawaii features free WiFi, free parking, and a café. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Maui include Hookipa Beach Park, Wailea Beach, and Maui Ocean Center.
Getting Around Maui
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Lahaina Sugar Cane Train Station or Lahaina Sugar Cane Train Kaanapali Landing Station. Maui may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Maui
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 78°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 59°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 61°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 83°F as the daytime average and 59°F as the nighttime average
- Maui gets about 15.12 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 60°F
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Maui airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Maui?
- Where to stay near top Maui attractions?
- More accommodation types in Maui
- What kind of hotels are in Maui?
- Which hotel chains are in Maui?
- What are the most popular hotels in Maui?
- Are there hotels near Maui?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends