Visiting Surfers Paradise
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Surfers Paradise, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its spas. Top sights in the city include Cavill Avenue and Surfers Paradise Beach.
- You'll find 665 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Gold Coast
- The closest major airport is in Gold Coast, QLD (OOL-Coolangatta) 20 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Surfers Paradise
Families come for attractions such as Timezone, RaceCentre Race Simulators Australia, and Draculas Haunted House. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Surfers Paradise Beach, Budds Beach, and Macintosh Island Park. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Cavill Avenue, Centro Surfers Paradise, and Surfers Paradise Beachfront Markets.
In Surfers Paradise, you'll find 219 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Genesis Holiday Apartments - With a stay at this 3.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Peppers Soul Surfers Paradise - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and beach locale at this aparthotel. This 5-star aparthotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool.
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a marina and 2 outdoor pools, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Sea World, located 2.9 mi (4.6 from the heart of the city, and Warner Bros. Movie World, which is 9.7 mi (15.6 away.
Dressing for Surfers Paradise
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 82°F and the nighttime average to be 64°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 79°F during the day and 51°F at night
- July through September averages 74°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 81°F during the day and 59°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Surfers Paradise is 1.26 inches
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 51°F