Visiting Burleigh Heads
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Burleigh Heads, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and shopping. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its parks and spas. Top sights around the area include Sea World, Warner Bros. Movie World, and Surfers Paradise Beach.
- You'll find 665 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Gold Coast
- The closest major airport is in Gold Coast, QLD (OOL-Coolangatta) 10.7 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Burleigh Heads
The beaches and parks highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Burleigh Beach, Burleigh Head National Park, and David Fleay Wildlife Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Jellurgal Aboriginal Cultural Centre, Tours & Information Hub and Burleigh Brewing Company.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 31 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Burleigh Heads. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Village at Burleigh Heads - With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
- 2nd Avenue Beachside Apartments - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this apartment. With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Ambience on Burleigh Beach - With a stay at this 4.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its beach locale and pool.
Top places to see outside the city include Sea World, located 8.9 mi (14.3 from the heart of the city, and Warner Bros. Movie World, which is 15 mi (24.2 away.
Dressing for Burleigh Heads
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 82°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 64°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 51°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 81°F as the daytime average and 59°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Burleigh Heads is 1.26 inches
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 51°F