Visitors can enjoy all that Sunbury has to offer including the golf courses, restaurants, and parks. A top sight in the area is Flemington Racecourse.
- You'll find 1261 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) 18.4 from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon) 26 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sunbury
Favorite places to visit in the city include Sunbury Visitor Information Centre, Galaxy Land, and Goonawarra Golf Club. Additionally, you'll find Flemington Racecourse in the area.
As you book your getaway to Sunbury, you may not find the ideal place to stay in the heart of the city, but below are lodging options around the area.
- Guesthouse Sunbury is located 2.8 mi from the heart of Sunbury. Located in Sunbury, this 3-star B&B guestroom features free WiFi and a refrigerator.
- Great Southern Hotel Melbourne is 23.1 mi from the center of Sunbury. This 4-star hotel in Melbourne features a restaurant, parking, and laundry facilities. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and central location.
- Mantra on Russell is 23.1 mi from central Sunbury. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star aparthotel in Melbourne can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and clean, quiet rooms.
Getting Around Sunbury
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Melbourne Sunbury Station or Sunbury Station. Sunbury might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Sunbury
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 52°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 71°F, while the average at night is 43°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 64°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 76°F and nighttime averages of 47°F
- Sunbury gets about 25.79 inches of rain per year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 77°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 43°F