Visitors can enjoy all that Woodend has to offer including the sightseeing tours, golf courses, and parks. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its restaurants.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Woodend
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) 44.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon) 52.3 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Woodend
The picturesque setting of Woodend Children's Park and Hanging Rock Reserve exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Woodend Community Centre and Woodend Golf Club.
Below is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Auberge - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its room size.
Getting Around Woodend
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Woodend Station. Woodend may not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Woodend
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 78°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 52°F
- From April to June, the average is 71°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 76°F as the daytime average and 47°F as the nighttime average
- Woodend gets about 25.79 inches of rain per year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 77°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 43°F