Search Castlemaine, Victoria Hotels from AU$120
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
The Dairy - Perfectly Positioned Right in the Heart of Town Located Behind the Majestic Green Gables
Reviewed on 19 Feb. 2020
Reviewed on 7 Jul. 2020
Darling House - A Darling House With Everything you Need for a Relaxing Getaway in Castlemaine. Minu
Reviewed on 20 Mar. 2019
Visitors can enjoy all that Castlemaine has to offer including the bars, local tours, and architecture. Tourists can also enjoy the city's entertainment choices, museums, and theaters. In Castlemaine, there are 5 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Castlemaine
Cultural venues in the city include Hadfield's Rod Museum, Buda Historic Home & Garden, and Old Castlemaine Gaol. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Buda Historic Home and Garden and Castlemaine Botanic Gardens.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Castlemaine. This is a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Albion Motel Hotel - This 3.5-star motel features a restaurant, free parking, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
Getting Around Castlemaine
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Castlemaine Station. Castlemaine might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Castlemaine
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 52°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 71°F, while the average at night is 43°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 64°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 76°F and nighttime averages of 47°F
- Average annual rainfall for Castlemaine is 25.79 inches
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 77°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 43°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Castlemaine?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Castlemaine, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Castlemaine?
What's the best hotel for families in Castlemaine?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Castlemaine?
What's the best accommodation in Castlemaine that's close to historical sites?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Castlemaine?
Recent Reviews in Castlemaine
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Castlemaine airport?
- Where to stay near top Castlemaine attractions?
- More accommodation types in Castlemaine
- What kind of hotels are in Castlemaine?
- Which hotel chains are in Castlemaine?
- What are the most popular hotels in Castlemaine?
- Are there hotels near Castlemaine?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends