Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Southport, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the seaside and spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks, coffeehouses, and golf courses. Around the area, top sights include Sea World, Warner Bros. Movie World, and Dreamworld.
- You'll find 681 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Gold Coast
- The closest major airport is in Gold Coast, QLD (OOL-Coolangatta) 24.1 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Southport
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and Broadwater Parklands. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are St. Peter's Anglican Church and Australia Fair Shopping Centre.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Southport. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Meriton Suites Southport, Gold Coast - With a stay at this 5-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Broadwater Tourist Park - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities at this campground. With a stay at this 2-star campground, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Brighton on Broadwater Shores - This 4.5-star apartment features an outdoor pool, an indoor pool, and free parking. Expedia customers like its location.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Sea World, located 1.7 mi (2.8 from the heart of the city, and Warner Bros. Movie World, which is 7.1 mi (11.4 away.
Dressing for Southport
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 82°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 64°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 51°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 81°F as the daytime average and 59°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.26 inches of rain falls on Southport each year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 51°F