Search Queenstown City Centre, Queenstown Hotels from AU$82
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Check Queenstown City Centre hotel prices
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 3 Jan. 2021
Visiting Queenstown City Centre
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Queenstown City Centre, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting, local tours, and shopping. Tourists who journey to this scenic city can discover its restaurants, ski areas, and mountain views. A top sight in the area is Coronet Peak Ski Area.
- There are 74 hotels and other accommodations in Queenstown City Centre
- The closest major airport is in Queenstown (ZQN-Queenstown Intl.) 6.3 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Queenstown City Centre
The lakeside, mountain views, and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty, and Arrow River, Queenstown Hill, and Lake Wakatipu are worth a visit. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Queenstown Mall, Creative Queenstown Arts & Crafts Market, and Steamer Wharf. Taking local tours, skiing, and boating are top activities, while sights to visit include TSS Earnslaw Steamship.
In Queenstown City Centre, you'll find 74 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Spire Hotel Queenstown - This 5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and location.
- Chalet Queenstown - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The Dairy Private Luxury Hotel - This 4-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Coronet Peak Ski Area, located 8.1 mi (13.1 from the city center.
Dressing for Queenstown City Centre
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 70°F and the nighttime average to be 47°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 64°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 60°F during the day and 35°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 70°F during the day and 42°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Queenstown City Centre is 1.42 inches
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 69°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 36°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Queenstown City Centre?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Queenstown City Centre, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Queenstown City Centre?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday to Queenstown City Centre?
What's the best hotel for a romantic getaway to Queenstown City Centre?
What's the best hotel to stay near the beach in Queenstown City Centre?
What's the best luxury hotel in Queenstown City Centre?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Queenstown City Centre?
What's the best accommodation option for a winter holiday in Queenstown City Centre?
Recent Reviews in Queenstown City Centre
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Queenstown City Centre airport?
- Where to stay near top Queenstown City Centre attractions?
- More accommodation types in Queenstown City Centre
- What kind of hotels are in Queenstown City Centre?
- Which hotel chains are in Queenstown City Centre?
- What are the most popular hotels in Queenstown City Centre?
- Are there hotels near Queenstown City Centre?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends