Melbourne Vacation: Coronavirus Information
Most Melbourne hotels offer free cancellation. Consider booking refundable hotels rather than non-refundable ones. Just look for the ‘free cancellation’ message during your hotel search. Prices can vary, but right now we believe that flexibility matters.
For more information about the impact of COVID-19 on your Melbourne trip, please visit our Coronavirus Information page.
Top Melbourne Flight & Hotel Packages
2021 Melbourne holiday deals
Where to stay in Melbourne
Melbourne Central Business District
4.5/5Wonderful!(20,262 area reviews)
Explore the magnificent Southbank riverfront, experience the city’s cultural charms in the arts precinct and see a glimpse of colonial history in central Melbourne.
Explore this eclectic neighbourhood, which features hotels, galleries, bars and a casino complex on the south side of Melbourne's Yarra River.
Just behind Melbourne’s iconic St. Kilda Beach, this historic suburb is famous for its art scene, live music venues, mouth-watering cakes and the wild rides of Luna Park.
Some of Melbourne’s best designer shopping can be found in this historically affluent inner-city suburb bordered to the north by the winding Yarra River.
A gorgeous harbour with waterfront dining and jaw-dropping city skyline views… this might sound more like another popular Australian city, but surprise – it’s Melbourne!
Top hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed on 4 Jul. 2020
Reviewed on 20 Jun. 2020
Reviewed on 29 Jun. 2020
Top activities in Melbourne
Puffing Billy & Dandenong Ranges Tour from Melbourne
Spirit of Melbourne Dinner Cruise
Phillip Island Penguin Parade Wildlife Encounter Day Trip
Melbourne Beach Holiday
It's time to pack your suitcase and enjoy a cocktail by the sea on a Melbourne holiday. Picturesque coastal vistas abound on a trip to Melbourne — St Kilda Beach (4 miles (6 km) away) is an excellent example. It's a great idea to book a hotel close by. If you need other options, a lot of sightseers also take advantage of Melbourne holiday deals close to Brighton Beach and Elwood Beach.
Things You Should Know About Melbourne
- Listening to the soothing sounds of lapping waves is one of life's small pleasures. See what you can find among our Melbourne beach hotels and get ready to switch into holiday mode.
- Apartments are also popular with travellers to the area. Spacious Urban Oasis in Central Location and Punthill Ivanhoe are great examples of what you can expect from this style of accommodation.
- Alternatively, go for one of our All-Inclusive hotels in Melbourne. They make it easy to budget. Leave your wallet in your room and enjoy the freedom that comes with the all-inclusive way of holidaying.
- Our Melbourne things to do page is a fantastic place to begin organising your trip to Melbourne. After you arrive, strike up a conversation with one of the 4,246,550 locals to discover even more.
- Save loads of cash on unforgettable experiences with our Melbourne holiday deals. See Crown Casino and Entertainment Complex, along with other big-name sights, with the extra dollars in your wallet.
Frequently asked questions
What is the best way to save money on my Melbourne holiday?
Which airports can I fly into for a Melbourne holiday?
What are the most popular types of hotels for a trip to Melbourne?
What does a holiday booking with Expedia include?
What are the best things to do in Melbourne?
- St Kilda Scavenger Hunt: Hunt Through Historic St. Kilda
- Melbourne Scavenger Hunt: It’s a Mad, Mad, Melbourne
- Melbourne Scavenger Hunt: Marvellous Melbourne
- Melbourne Like a Local: Customized Private Tour
- Private - Phillip Island Tour with Wildlife & Lunch
- Private - Melbourne City Tour