Visiting Manhattan Beach
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Manhattan Beach, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. Top sights around the area include Venice Beach, Sony Pictures Studios, and Santa Monica Pier.
- You'll find 1864 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Los Angeles
- The closest major airport is in Los Angeles, CA (LAX-Los Angeles Intl.) 6.1 from the city center
- The next closest is in Hawthorne, CA (HHR-Hawthorne Municipal) 6.8 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Manhattan Beach
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Polliwog Park and Cabrillo Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are SkinWorks by Melanie and Tropical Breeze Massage.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Manhattan Beach. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Shade Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and location.
- The Belamar - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Manhattan Beach - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Venice Beach, located 8.2 mi (13.2 from the city center, and Sony Pictures Studios, which is 9 mi (14.5 away.
Dressing for Manhattan Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 65°F and the nighttime average to be 48°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 73°F during the day and 48°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Manhattan Beach is 11.42 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 75°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 49°F