Visiting Santa Monica
Travelers to Santa Monica give high marks for the beaches, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this walkable city can discover its sporting events, cafés, and art. Top sights in the city include Santa Monica Pier and Venice Beach.
- You'll find 1864 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Los Angeles
- The closest major airport is in Santa Monica, CA (SMO-Santa Monica Municipal) 3.1 from the city center
- The next closest is in Los Angeles, CA (LAX-Los Angeles Intl.) 11.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Santa Monica
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Santa Monica Beach, Palisades Park, and International Chess Park. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Santa Monica Place, Third Street Promenade, and Montana Avenue. Biking is a top activity, and Nicholas Flat Trail is one place to visit.
In Santa Monica, you'll find 55 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Channel Road Inn, A Four Sisters Inn - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Oceana Beach Club Hotel - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and beach locale at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Casa Del Mar - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Ocean Park can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Other top sights in Santa Monica include Santa Monica Pier. Top places to see in the area include J. Paul Getty Museum, located 3.9 mi (6.4 from the city center), and Sony Pictures Studios in Culver City, which is 4.9 mi (7.9 away).
Dressing for Santa Monica
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 51°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 70°F, while the average at night is 51°F
- Santa Monica gets about 11.50 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 70°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 51°F
Want to Learn More About Santa Monica?