Visiting Kona Coast
Travelers give high marks for the snorkeling, island views, and beaches in Kona Coast. This relaxing city attracts visitors with its cafés. Top attractions in the city include Hulihee Palace, Hapuna Beach State Park, and Pu'ukohola Heiau National Historic Site.
- You'll find 1176 Expedia hotels and other accommodation choices in the larger area of Hawaii Island
- Closest major airport is in Kailua-Kona, HI (KOA-Kona Intl.) 14.3 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kona Coast
The island views, seaside, and beach highlight the natural beauty, and worth a visit are Hapuna Beach State Park, Pu'ukohola Heiau National Historic Site, and Queen's Bath. Snorkeling is one of the top activities, while Makalei Golf Club, Big Island Country Club, and Waikoloa Beach Golf Course are favorite sights to visit. In Kona Coast there are 773 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you can easily plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate.
- Lava Lava Beach Club - With a stay at this 3.5-star resort, you'll have access to a restaurant, free WiFi, and an in-room kitchenette. Expedia travelers love its helpful staff and beach locale.
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai - This 5-star resort features 7 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and a golf course. Our customers like its pool and restaurant.
- Ka'awaloa Plantation Bed & Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free self parking. Visitors like its breakfast.
Other top sights in Kona Coast include Hulihee Palace and Captain Cook Monument. A popular sight you might want to visit outside of the city is Pu'uhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park located 24.4 mi (39.2 from city center.
Dressing for Kona Coast
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 66°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 86°F, while the average at night is 68°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 72°F
- In October–December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 67°F
- Average annual rainfall for Kona Coast is 11.97 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 87°F while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 66°F