Visitors can enjoy all that Holualoa has to offer including the volcano viewpoints, jazz scene, and coffeehouses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfront, local tours, and bars. Pu'uhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park, Hulihee Palace, and Captain Cook Monument are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 16 hotels and other accommodations in Holualoa
- The closest major airport is in Kailua-Kona, HI (KOA-Kona Intl.) 20.3 from the city center
- The next closest is in Kamuela, HI (MUE-Waimea-Kohala) 46.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Holualoa
Cultural venues in the city include Holualoa Gallery, Dovetail, and Studio 7 Gallery. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Hualālai and Ipu Hale Gallery.
As you plan your vacation to Holualoa, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 967 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are some of the places to stay in the region:
- Holualoa Inn is 4.4 mi from the center of Holualoa. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star bed & breakfast in Holualoa can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its helpful staff.
- "ocean View" Beautifully Restored Coffee Shack! is 6.5 mi from central Holualoa. Located in Holualoa, this farm house accommodation features a kitchen and a patio.
- Great for Ocean and Mountain Views is located 4.1 mi from the heart of Holualoa. This 4.5-star resort in Kamuela features a full-service spa, a golf course, and 2 restaurants. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and overall value.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Pu'uhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park, located 14.5 mi (23.3 from the heart of the city, and Hulihee Palace, which is 7.3 mi (11.7 away.
Dressing for Holualoa
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 83°F and the nighttime average to be 66°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 68°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 67°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Holualoa is 11.93 inches
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 66°F