Visitors to Devonport are sure to enjoy the shopping, restaurants, and waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's volcano viewpoints and local tours. Around the area, top sights include Kelly Tarlton's Underwater World, Sky Tower, and Mt. Eden.
- You'll find 591 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Auckland
- The closest major airport is in Auckland (AKL-Auckland Intl.) 20.2 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Devonport
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Cheltenham Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Devonport Museum and Mount Victoria.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Devonport. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Peace and Plenty Inn - With a stay at this 5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Devonport Motel - Our customers like the location at this motel. With a stay at this 3.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with an in-room kitchen.
- The Esplanade Hotel - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Kelly Tarlton's Underwater World, located 1.7 mi (2.8 from the city center, and Sky Tower, which is 2.7 mi (4.3 away.
Dressing for Devonport
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 57°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 61°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 50°F
- About 49.25 inches of rain falls on Devonport each year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 72°F, whereas August and July are often coldest, averaging 46°F