Visitors to Daintree are sure to enjoy the riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's rainforests and zoo. A top sight in the area is Mossman Gorge.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodations in Daintree
- The closest major airport is in Cairns, QLD (CNS-Cairns Intl.) 83.7 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Daintree
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and Daintree Mangroves Wildlife Sanctuary. Additionally, you might want to add Daintree Village to your agenda.
This is a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Red Mill House in Daintree - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
One of the popular sights outside the city is Mossman Gorge, located 15.7 mi (25.3 from the city center.
Dressing for Daintree
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 63°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 62°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 67°F
- Average annual rainfall for Daintree is 81.65 inches
- Usually January and December are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 63°F