Search Catalina Island, California Hotels from AU$157
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visiting Catalina Island
Travelers to Catalina Island give high marks for the beaches and shopping. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its local tours and casinos.
- There are 56 hotels and other accommodations in Catalina Island
- The closest major airport is in Avalon, CA (AVX-Catalina) 3.1 from the city center
- The next closest is in Long Beach, CA (LGB-Long Beach Municipal) 55.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Catalina Island
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Descanso Beach and Starlight Beach. Top activities include boating and taking local tours, while Catalina Island Golf Course, Avalon Pier, and Avalon Port are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Avalon Theater and Catalina Casino.
In Catalina Island, you'll be able to select from 56 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Avalon Hotel on Catalina Island - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a rooftop terrace, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- The Pavilion Hotel - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and beach locale at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a free manager's reception.
- Aurora Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a rooftop terrace, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Catalina Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 61°F and the nighttime average to be 48°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 73°F during the day and 48°F at night
- About 12.17 inches of rain falls on Catalina Island each year
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 76°F, while the coldest months are April and March with an average of 48°F
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Catalina Island airport?
- Where to stay near top Catalina Island attractions?
- More accommodation types in Catalina Island
- What kind of hotels are in Catalina Island?
- Which hotel chains are in Catalina Island?
- What are the most popular hotels in Catalina Island?
- Are there hotels near Catalina Island?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends