Visiting Long Beach
Travelers to Long Beach give high marks for the beaches, must-see aquarium, and renowned art. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its baseball games. Top sights in the city include RMS Queen Mary and Aquarium of the Pacific.
- You'll find 1874 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Los Angeles
- The closest major airport is in Long Beach, CA (LGB-Long Beach Municipal) 7.1 from the city center
- The next closest is in Hawthorne, CA (HHR-Hawthorne Municipal) 22.1 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Long Beach
The city is well known for its art scene and cultural venues like RMS Queen Mary. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: City Beach, Rosie's Dog Beach, and Mother's Beach. Exploring the waterfront is a top activity, and Long Beach Cruise Terminal is one place to visit.
In Long Beach, you'll be able to select from 102 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Homewood Long Beach Airport, CA - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and a 24-hour health club. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hampton Inn Long Beach Airport - Our customers like the breakfast and proximity to the airport at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Courtyard by Marriott Long Beach Airport - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Long Beach include Aquarium of the Pacific. Outside the city, popular places to visit include Knott's Berry Farm, located 12.2 mi (19.7 from the city center, and Huntington State Beach, which is 15.5 mi (24.9 away.
Dressing for Long Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 70°F and the nighttime average to be 46°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 79°F during the day and 45°F at night
- Long Beach gets about 11.02 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 46°F