Visiting South Wharf
Families will find kid-friendly activities in South Wharf, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, shopping, and riverfront. Welcoming and walkable, this city attracts tourists with its casinos and cafés. Top sights around the area include Melbourne Cricket Ground, St. Kilda Beach, and SEA LIFE Melbourne.
- You'll find 1261 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon) 11.9 from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) 19.6 away
Sightseeing and Staying in South Wharf
Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to DFO South Wharf and Southbank Promenade. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre and Polly Woodside.
Below is a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Pan Pacific Melbourne - This 5-star hotel in Melbourne Central Business District features a restaurant, a 24-hour fitness center, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Top places to visit in the area include Melbourne Cricket Ground, located 1.7 mi (2.8 from the city center, and St. Kilda Beach, which is 3.1 mi (5 away.
Dressing for South Wharf
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 50°F
- From April to June, the average is 68°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 75°F as the daytime average and 45°F as the nighttime average
- South Wharf gets about 0.47 inches of rain per year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F