Travelers to Sausalito give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its cafés. Around the area, top sights include Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz Island, and Palace of Fine Arts.
- You'll find 526 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of San Francisco
- The closest major airport is in San Francisco, CA (SFO-San Francisco Intl.) 27.9 from the city center
- The next closest is in Oakland, CA (OAK-Oakland Intl.) 28.3 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sausalito
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and these places to visit: Horseshoe Cove, Marin Headlands, and Nike Missile Site SF-88. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Sausalito Visitors Kiosk and San Francisco Bay Model Visitor Center.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Sausalito. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Cavallo Point - With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and comfortable rooms.
- HI Marin Headlands Hostel - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hostel. This 2-star hostel features free WiFi, free parking, and conference space.
- The Gables Inn - Sausalito - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Golden Gate Bridge, located 3.2 mi (5.2 from the city center, and Alcatraz Island, which is 3.8 mi (6 away.
Dressing for Sausalito
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 45°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 67°F, while the average at night is 49°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 70°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- About 23.15 inches of rain falls on Sausalito each year
- Usually October and September are the hottest months with an average of 69°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 46°F