Search Mackay, Queensland Hotels from AU$79
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors to Mackay are sure to enjoy the waterfront and gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theme park and water parks.
- There are 65 hotels and other accommodations in Mackay
- The closest major airport is in Mackay, QLD (MKY) 3.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mackay
Cultural venues in the city include Artspace Mackay, Mackay Enertainment and Convention Centre, and Greenmount Homestead. Attractions like Queens Park Orchid House, Bluewater Lagoon, and Mackay Regional Botanic Gardens are fun for kids of all ages. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and such places to visit as Jubilee Park and Harrup Park.
In Mackay, you'll find 65 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Mackay Oceanside Central Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Riviera Mackay - Our customers like the beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms at this apartment. With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a rooftop terrace, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Quest Mackay on Gordon - With a stay at this 4.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and central location.
Getting Around Mackay
With so many choices for transportation, exploring all of Mackay is easy. If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Mackay Station, Sarina Station, or Geeberga Station. You can learn about your water travel options at the marina.
Dressing for Mackay
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 70°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 56°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 79°F with nighttime averages of 55°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 86°F and nighttime averages of 64°F
- Average annual rainfall for Mackay is 64.84 inches
- Usually December and January are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 56°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Mackay?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Mackay, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Mackay?
What's the best hotel for families in Mackay?
What's the best place to stay for a couple going to Mackay?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Mackay?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Mackay?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Mackay?
What's the best golf hotel in Mackay?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Mackay?
Recent Reviews in Mackay
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Mackay airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Mackay?
- Where to stay near top Mackay attractions?
- More accommodation types in Mackay
- What kind of hotels are in Mackay?
- Which hotel chains are in Mackay?
- What are the most popular hotels in Mackay?
- Are there hotels near Mackay?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends