Search Cairns, Cairns Hotels from AU$87
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Cairns, and visitors give high marks for the coral reefs, shopping, and local tours. This city also attracts tourists with its rainforests and restaurants. Centenary Lakes Botanic Gardens, Mount Whitfield Conservation Park, and Skyrail Rainforest Cableway are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 60 hotels and other accommodations in Cairns
- The closest major airport is in Cairns, QLD (CNS-Cairns Intl.) 5.6 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cairns
Families come for attractions such as Esplanade Lagoon, Cairns Zoom and Wildlife Dome, and ZOO To You HQ Wildlife Discovery Centre. The rainforest and beaches highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Michaelmas Cay, Cairns Harbour Cruises, and Cairns Esplanade. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Cairns Night Markets and Cairns Central Shopping Centre.
In Cairns, there are 60 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here's a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Waters Edge Apartments Cairns - This 5-star condo features 2 outdoor pools, free parking, and a spa tub. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Centenary Lakes Botanic Gardens, located 2.2 mi (3.5 from the heart of the city, and Mount Whitfield Conservation Park, which is 2.6 mi (4.2 away.
Getting Around Cairns
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Cairns Station. Cairns might not have as many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Cairns
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 89°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 63°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 67°F at night
- Cairns gets about 81.65 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually January and December with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 63°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Cairns?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Cairns, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Cairns?
What's the best accommodation option for families in Cairns?
What's the best place to stay for a couple visiting Cairns?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Cairns?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Cairns?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Cairns?
What's the best boutique hotel in Cairns?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Cairns?
What's the best hotel for a trip to the slopes in Cairns?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Cairns?
Recent Reviews in Cairns
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Cairns airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Cairns?
- Where to stay near top Cairns attractions?
- More accommodation types in Cairns
- What kind of hotels are in Cairns?
- Which hotel chains are in Cairns?
- What are the most popular hotels in Cairns?
- Are there hotels near Cairns?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends