Search York, England Hotels from AU$64
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
History buffs will enjoy exploring York, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, lively bar scene, and local tours. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its festivals and cathedral. Top sights in the city include York Minster, Shambles, and York Dungeon.
- There are 309 hotels and other accommodations in York
- The closest major airport is in Leeds (LBA-Leeds Bradford) 39.2 from the city center
- The next closest is in Doncaster (DSA-Robin Hood) 52.8 away
Sightseeing and Staying in York
The city is well known for its museums and festivals, and cultural venues include Jorvik Viking Centre, York Castle Museum, and York National Railway Museum. Its historic sites and cathedral are notable and landmarks include York Minster, Shambles, and Merchant Adventurers' Hall. Other notable sights to explore include York Dungeon and Clifford's Tower.
In York, you'll be able to select from 309 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- No93 Oower Hoose - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- The Bothy B&B - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Poplar House Serviced Apartments - Amenities at this 4-star apartment include free parking and an in-room kitchen.
Other top sights in York include Yorkshire Air Museum. In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Townclose Hills Nature Reserve, located 18.1 mi (29.2 from the heart of the city, and Turkish Baths and Health Spa, which is 18.9 mi (30.5 away.
Getting Around York
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from York Station, York Poppleton Station, or Hammerton Station. York may not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for York
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 33°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 67°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 70°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 59°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- About 0.75 inches of rain falls on York each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 68°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 35°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in York?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in York, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in York?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday to York?
What's the best hotel for a romantic getaway to York?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in York?
What's the best high-end place to stay in York?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in York?
What's the best golf hotel in York?
What's the best accommodation in York that's close to historical sites?
Recent Reviews in York
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the York airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of York?
- Where to stay near top York attractions?
- More accommodation types in York
- Which hotel chains are in York?
- What are the most popular hotels in York?
- Are there hotels near York?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends