Visiting West Melbourne
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in West Melbourne, and visitors give high marks for the shopping. Welcoming and walkable, this city attracts tourists with its restaurants and cafés. Top sights around the area include Melbourne Cricket Ground, St. Kilda Beach, and Etihad Stadium.
- You'll find 1261 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon) 9.4 from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) 16.9 away
Sightseeing and Staying in West Melbourne
A favorite place to visit in the city is Flagstaff Gardens. In the area, you'll also find Melbourne Cricket Ground and St. Kilda Beach.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in West Melbourne. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Miami Hotel Melbourne - This 3.5-star motel features free WiFi, a café, and parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Nate's Place Backpackers Melbourne - Our customers like the helpful staff and room size at this hostel. This 2-star hostel in Melbourne Central Business District features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a rooftop terrace.
- Flagstaff City Inn - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Melbourne Central Business District can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its overall value and proximity to public transit.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Etihad Stadium, located 1.4 mi (2.2 from the heart of the city, and Flemington Racecourse, which is 1.8 mi (2.8 away.
Getting Around West Melbourne
Make your way to North Melbourne Station to catch metro. If you'd like to venture out around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for West Melbourne
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 50°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 41°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 64°F with nighttime averages of 41°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 75°F and nighttime averages of 45°F
- Average annual rainfall for West Melbourne is 0.47 inches
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 41°F