Visiting The Strand
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in The Strand, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. Walkable and welcoming, this city attracts tourists with its cafés and bars.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in The Strand
- The closest major airport is in Townsville, QLD (TSV) 4.6 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in The Strand
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Strand Park and Jezzine Barracks. In the area, you'll also find Queens Gardens and Army Museum North Queensland.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in The Strand. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Townsville Holiday Apartments - With a stay at this 3.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and helpful staff.
- Waters Edge The Strand - Our customers like the pool and convenient parking at this apartment. With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Aquarius on the Beach - This 4-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for The Strand
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 89°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 71°F
- From April to June, the average is 86°F during the day and 57°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 67°F as the nighttime average
- The Strand gets about 40.35 inches of rain per year
- December and January are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 58°F