Families will find kid-friendly activities in Townsville, and visitors give high marks for the riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its parks.
- There are 228 hotels and other accommodations in Townsville
- The closest major airport is in Townsville, QLD (TSV) 4.9 from the city center
- The next closest is in Palm Island, QLD (PMK) 61.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Townsville
Families come for attractions such as ReefHQ Aquarium, Anderson Park Botanical Gardens, and Townsville Palmetum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and these places to visit: Queens Gardens, Strand Park, and Castle Hill. Boating is one of the top activities, while Magnetic Island Ferry Terminal, Magnetic Island Golf Course, and Massage on Magnetic are favorite sights to visit.
In Townsville, you'll find 228 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Maggies Beachfront Apartments - This 4.5-star apartment features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and comfortable beds.
- Magnetic Sunsets - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Island Palms Resort - With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Getting Around Townsville
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Townsville Station, Ayr Station, or Home Hill Station. Townsville might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Townsville
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 89°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 71°F
- From April to June, the average is 86°F during the day and 57°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 67°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Townsville is 40.35 inches
- January and December are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 58°F