Search Takapuna, Auckland Hotels from AU$107
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Takapuna, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping, sporting events, and spas. Sky Tower, Kelly Tarlton's Underwater World, and Mt. Eden are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 591 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Auckland
- The closest major airport is in Auckland (AKL-Auckland Intl.) 24.5 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Takapuna
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Takapuna Beach. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Shore City Shopping Centre and Smales Farm. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Bruce Mason Centre and Lake Pupuke.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Takapuna. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Anzac Court Motel - With a stay at this 3-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- City of Sails Motel - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, quiet rooms at this motel. This 4-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities.
- The Spencer on Byron Hotel - With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with a private balcony. Expedia customers like its dining options and beach locale.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Sky Tower, located 4.3 mi (7 from the heart of the city, and Kelly Tarlton's Underwater World, which is 4.9 mi (8 away.
Dressing for Takapuna
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 73°F and the nighttime average to be 57°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 68°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 61°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 50°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Takapuna is 49.25 inches
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 72°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 46°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Takapuna?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Takapuna, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Takapuna?
What's the best place to stay when travelling with children to Takapuna?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday in Takapuna?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Takapuna?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Takapuna?
Recent Reviews in Takapuna
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Takapuna airport?
- Where to stay near top Takapuna attractions?
- More accommodation types in Takapuna
- What kind of hotels are in Takapuna?
- Which hotel chains are in Takapuna?
- What are the most popular hotels in Takapuna?
- Are there hotels near Takapuna?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends