Visiting Sovereign Island
Those traveling to Sovereign Island are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. Around the area, top sights include Dreamworld, Sea World, and Warner Bros. Movie World.
- You'll find 681 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Gold Coast
- The closest major airport is in Gold Coast, QLD (OOL-Coolangatta) 34.1 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sovereign Island
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Dreamworld, Sea World, and Warner Bros. Movie World. In the area, you'll also find Wet'n'Wild Gold Coast and Cavill Avenue.
As you plan your vacation to Sovereign Island, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 336 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Mercure Gold Coast Resort is 10.9 mi from central Sovereign Island. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Carrara can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with a private balcony. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
- Novotel Surfers Paradise is 9 mi from the center of Sovereign Island. This 4.5-star hotel in Surfers Paradise features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and a fitness center. Our customers like its overall value and proximity to shopping.
- Meriton Suites Broadbeach, Gold Coast is located 11 mi from the heart of Sovereign Island. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star aparthotel in Broadbeach can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
A top sight outside the city is Surfers Paradise Beach, located 9.1 mi (14.7 from the city center.
Dressing for Sovereign Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 82°F and the nighttime average to be 64°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 79°F during the day and 51°F at night
- July through September averages 74°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 81°F during the day and 59°F at night
- Sovereign Island gets about 1.26 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 51°F