Visiting South Stradbroke Island
Visitors to South Stradbroke Island are sure to enjoy the restaurants and beaches. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing setting. Around the area, top sights include Dreamworld, Sea World, and Warner Bros. Movie World.
- You'll find 665 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Gold Coast
- The closest major airport is in Gold Coast, QLD (OOL-Coolangatta) 36.6 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in South Stradbroke Island
Dreamworld, Sea World, and Warner Bros. Movie World are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, in the area you'll find Wet'n'Wild Gold Coast and Cavill Avenue.
This is a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Couran Cove Island Resort - This 4-star resort features a marina, a full-service spa, and 3 restaurants. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Surfers Paradise Beach, located 11.1 mi (17.9 from the center of the city.
Dressing for South Stradbroke Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 64°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 51°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 74°F with nighttime averages of 50°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 81°F and nighttime averages of 59°F
- Average annual rainfall for South Stradbroke Island is 1.26 inches
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 51°F