Visitors to Sandringham are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping and restaurants. Top sights around the area include St. Kilda Beach, Melbourne Cricket Ground, and Brighton Beach.
- You'll find 1261 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon) 27 from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) 34.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sandringham
Notable places to visit in the larger region include St. Kilda Beach, Melbourne Cricket Ground, and Brighton Beach. In the area, you'll also find Caulfield Racecourse and Luna Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Sandringham. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Sandy Hill Serviced Apartments Sandringham - With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and a fitness center, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and convenient parking.
- Sandringham Hotel - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Popular places to see in the area include Chadstone Shopping Mall, located 6.3 mi (10.1 from the city center, and Royal Botanic Gardens, which is 8.8 mi (14.1 away.
Getting Around Sandringham
Head over to Sandringham Station for metro transit. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for Sandringham
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 50°F
- From April to June, the average is 68°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 75°F as the daytime average and 45°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Sandringham is 0.47 inches
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F