Search San Diego, California Hotels from AU$75
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 30 Dec. 2020
Where to stay in San Diego
Visiting San Diego
Travelers to San Diego give high marks for the popular zoo, seaside, and fascinating museums. Tourists who journey to this walkable city can discover its theaters, art, and entertainment choices. Top sights in the city include Balboa Park, San Diego Zoo, and SeaWorld.
- There are 1222 hotels and other accommodations in San Diego
- The closest major airport is in San Diego, CA (SAN-San Diego Intl.) 3.8 from the city center
- The next closest is in San Diego, CA (MYF-Montgomery Field) 10.8 away
Sightseeing and Staying in San Diego
Known for its museums, theaters, and art, the city's cultural venues include USS Midway Museum, Maritime Museum of San Diego, and Lyceum Theatre. Attractions like San Diego Zoo and SeaWorld are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Balboa Park, Coronado Beach, and Old Town San Diego State Park.
In San Diego, there are 1222 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Fairmont Grand Del Mar - This 5-star hotel in Carmel Valley features 4 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and a golf course. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Pendry San Diego - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Downtown San Diego can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Springhill Suites San Diego Mission Valley - This 3.5-star hotel in Mission Valley features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
Other favorite sights in San Diego include Petco Park, Qualcomm Stadium, and Point Loma Lighthouse. Top places to see around the area include La Jolla Cove, located 11.4 mi (18.3 from the city center, and Legoland California, which is 29.7 mi (47.8 away.
Getting Around San Diego
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of San Diego is easy. Nearby metro stations include Civic Center Station, 5th Avenue Station, and Convention Center Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from San Diego Santa Fe Depot Station, San Diego Coaster Old Town Station, or San Diego Coaster Sorrento Valley Station. You can find out about your water travel options at the local port.
Dressing for San Diego
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 66°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 48°F
- From April to June, the average is 74°F during the day and 48°F at night
- About 9.09 inches of rain falls on San Diego each year
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 76°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 49°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in San Diego?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in San Diego, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in San Diego?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday to San Diego?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday to San Diego?
What is the favourite LGBTQ-friendly accommodation in San Diego?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in San Diego?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in San Diego?
What's the best luxury hotel in San Diego?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in San Diego?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in San Diego?
What are some accommodation options with pools in San Diego?
Recent Reviews in San Diego
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the San Diego airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of San Diego?
- Where to stay near top San Diego attractions?
- More accommodation types in San Diego
- What kind of hotels are in San Diego?
- Which hotel chains are in San Diego?
- What are the most popular hotels in San Diego?
- Are there hotels near San Diego?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends