Search Chula Vista, California Hotels from AU$91
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 22 Sep. 2020
Reviewed on 15 Jul. 2020
Visiting Chula Vista
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Chula Vista, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, beaches, and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its live music, theaters, and zoo. Balboa Park, San Diego Zoo, and SeaWorld are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 29 hotels and other accommodations in Chula Vista
- The closest major airport is in Tijuana, Baja California Norte (TIJ-General Abelardo L. Rodriguez Intl.) 9.5 from the city center
- The next closest is in San Diego, CA (SAN-San Diego Intl.) 20.9 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chula Vista
The city is well known for its live music and theaters, and Mattress Firm Amphitheater is a local cultural venue. Families come for attractions such as White Water Canyon, Aquatica, and Chula Vista Nature Center. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Chula Vista Center is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 29 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Chula Vista. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Residence Inn by Marriott San Diego Chula Vista - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and convenient parking.
- El Primero Boutique B&B Hotel - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and breakfast at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Holiday Inn Express San Diego South - Chula Vista - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include San Diego Convention Center, located 10.3 mi (16.5 from the heart of the city, and Balboa Park, which is 10.8 mi (17.4 away.
Getting Around Chula Vista
Walk to nearby metro stations like Palomar St Trolley Station, H St Trolley Station, and Bayfront - E St. Trolley Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for Chula Vista
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 67°F and the nighttime average to be 47°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 74°F during the day and 47°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Chula Vista is 8.94 inches
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 75°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 47°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Chula Vista?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Chula Vista, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Chula Vista?
What's the best accommodation option for a family trip to Chula Vista?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday in Chula Vista?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Chula Vista?
What's the best place to stay to stay near the beach in Chula Vista?
What's the best boutique hotel in Chula Vista?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Chula Vista?
Recent Reviews in Chula Vista
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Chula Vista airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Chula Vista?
- Where to stay near top Chula Vista attractions?
- More accommodation types in Chula Vista
- Which hotel chains are in Chula Vista?
- What are the most popular hotels in Chula Vista?
- Are there hotels near Chula Vista?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends