Search La Jolla, California Hotels from AU$172
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 6 Oct. 2020
Reviewed on 18 Oct. 2020
Visiting La Jolla
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring La Jolla, and visitors give high marks for the seaside and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its university setting and aquarium. Around the area, top sights include La Jolla Cove, SeaWorld, and San Diego Zoo.
- There are 125 hotels and other accommodations in La Jolla
- The closest major airport is in San Diego, CA (MYF-Montgomery Field) 11.9 from the city center
- The next closest is in San Diego, CA (SAN-San Diego Intl.) 15.2 away
Sightseeing and Staying in La Jolla
The seaside and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including La Jolla Cove, La Jolla Shores Park, and Ellen Browning Scripps Park. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include University of California-San Diego and Torrey Pines Gliderport. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Scripps Pier and Birch Aquarium.
In La Jolla, you'll be able to select from 125 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Pantai Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- The Lodge at Torrey Pines - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this hotel. This 5-star hotel in Torrey Pines features a full-service spa, a golf course, and 2 restaurants.
- Scripps Inn La Jolla Cove - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to parking and concierge services, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and WiFi.
Top places to visit outside the city include SeaWorld, located 6.9 mi (11.1 from the city center, and San Diego Zoo, which is 10.6 mi (17 away.
Dressing for La Jolla
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 66°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 48°F
- From April to June, the average is 74°F during the day and 47°F at night
- La Jolla gets about 0.31 inches of rain per year
- September and August are usually the hottest months averaging 75°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 49°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in La Jolla?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in La Jolla, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in La Jolla?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday to La Jolla?
What's the best hotel for a romantic getaway to La Jolla?
What's the best LGBTQ-friendly place to stay in La Jolla?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in La Jolla?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in La Jolla?
What's the best high-end hotel in La Jolla?
What's the best boutique hotel in La Jolla?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to La Jolla?
Recent Reviews in La Jolla
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the La Jolla airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of La Jolla?
- Where to stay near top La Jolla attractions?
- More accommodation types in La Jolla
- What kind of hotels are in La Jolla?
- Which hotel chains are in La Jolla?
- What are the most popular hotels in La Jolla?
- Are there hotels near La Jolla?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends