Visiting La Jolla
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring La Jolla, and visitors give high marks for the seaside and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its university setting and aquarium. Around the area, top sights include La Jolla Cove, SeaWorld, and San Diego Zoo.
- There are 125 hotels and other accommodations in La Jolla
- The closest major airport is in San Diego, CA (MYF-Montgomery Field) 11.9 from the city center
- The next closest is in San Diego, CA (SAN-San Diego Intl.) 15.2 away
Sightseeing and Staying in La Jolla
The seaside and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including La Jolla Cove, La Jolla Shores Park, and Ellen Browning Scripps Park. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include University of California-San Diego and Torrey Pines Gliderport. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Scripps Pier and Birch Aquarium.
In La Jolla, you'll be able to select from 125 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Pantai Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- The Lodge at Torrey Pines - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this hotel. This 5-star hotel in Torrey Pines features a full-service spa, a golf course, and 2 restaurants.
- Scripps Inn La Jolla Cove - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to parking and concierge services, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and WiFi.
Top places to visit outside the city include SeaWorld, located 6.9 mi (11.1 from the city center, and San Diego Zoo, which is 10.6 mi (17 away.
Dressing for La Jolla
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 66°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 48°F
- From April to June, the average is 74°F during the day and 47°F at night
- La Jolla gets about 0.31 inches of rain per year
- September and August are usually the hottest months averaging 75°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 49°F