Travelers to Encinitas give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its cafés. Legoland California, La Jolla Cove, and Carlsbad Premium Outlets are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 67 hotels and other accommodations in Encinitas
- The closest major airport is in Carlsbad, CA (CLD-McClellan-Palomar) 7.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in San Diego, CA (MYF-Montgomery Field) 29.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Encinitas
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: San Diego Botanic Garden, Moonlight State Beach, and Swamis Beach. Additionally, you might want to add Encinitas Ranch Golf Course to your agenda.
In Encinitas, you'll find 67 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Leucadia Beach Inn - This 2.5-star hotel in Leucadia features free WiFi and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms.
- Econo Lodge Encinitas Moonlight Beach - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Leucadia can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Encinitas Inn & Suites at Moonlight Beach - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Top places to see outside the city include Legoland California, located 5.5 mi (8.9 from the heart of the city, and La Jolla Cove, which is 14.4 mi (23.2 away.
Dressing for Encinitas
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 66°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 48°F
- From April to June, the average is 74°F during the day and 47°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Encinitas is 0.31 inches
- September and August are usually the hottest months averaging 75°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 49°F