Search Carlsbad, California Hotels from AU$115
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 21 Sep. 2020
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Carlsbad, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, theme park, and shopping. This city's welcoming locals also attracts tourists. Top sights in the city include Legoland California and Carlsbad Premium Outlets.
- There are 140 hotels and other accommodations in Carlsbad
- The closest major airport is in Carlsbad, CA (CLD-McClellan-Palomar) 1.2 from the city center
- The next closest is in San Diego, CA (MYF-Montgomery Field) 37.6 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Carlsbad
Favorite family attractions include Legoland California and Sealife Aquarium. The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Poinsettia Park, Carlsbad Skatepark, and Flower Fields of Carlsbad. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Carlsbad Premium Outlets is a favorite for retail therapy.
In Carlsbad, you'll find 140 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, Spa & Golf Club - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and breakfast at this resort. This 5-star resort features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and a golf course.
- Staybridge Suites Carlsbad - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and clean, quiet rooms.
Popular places to see in the area include La Jolla Cove, located 19 mi (30.6 from the city center, and San Diego Zoo Safari Park, which is 16.7 mi (26.9 away.
Getting Around Carlsbad
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Carlsbad Village Coaster Station. Carlsbad might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Carlsbad
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 66°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 40°F
- From April to June, the average is 75°F during the day and 40°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Carlsbad is 11.77 inches
- September and August are usually the hottest months averaging 77°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 40°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Carlsbad?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Carlsbad, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Carlsbad?
What's the best hotel for families in Carlsbad?
What's the best place to stay for a couple going to Carlsbad?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Carlsbad?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Carlsbad?
What's the best high-end hotel in Carlsbad?
What's the best boutique hotel in Carlsbad?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Carlsbad?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Carlsbad?
Recent Reviews in Carlsbad
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Carlsbad airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Carlsbad?
- Where to stay near top Carlsbad attractions?
- More accommodation types in Carlsbad
- What kind of hotels are in Carlsbad?
- Which hotel chains are in Carlsbad?
- What are the most popular hotels in Carlsbad?
- Are there hotels near Carlsbad?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends