Visiting Del Mar
Travelers to Del Mar give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals and cafés. Around the area, top sights include La Jolla Cove, Legoland California, and SeaWorld.
- There are 47 hotels and other accommodations in Del Mar
- The closest major airport is in Carlsbad, CA (CLD-McClellan-Palomar) 18.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in San Diego, CA (MYF-Montgomery Field) 20 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Del Mar
The city is well known for its festivals and cultural venues like Medici Galleria and Del Mar Fairgrounds. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Del Mar Beach, Torrey Pines State Beach, and Torrey Pines State Reserve. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Del Mar Plaza is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 47 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Del Mar. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and convenient parking.
- L'Auberge Del Mar - Destination Hotels & Resorts - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and beach locale at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Les Artistes Inn - Amenities at this 2.5-star hotel include free parking and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and comfortable beds.
Top places to visit in the area include La Jolla Cove, located 7.4 mi (11.9 from the heart of the city, and Legoland California, which is 12 mi (19.2 away.
Dressing for Del Mar
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 66°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 48°F
- From April to June, the average is 74°F during the day and 47°F at night
- Del Mar gets about 0.31 inches of rain per year
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 75°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 49°F