Visiting Punta Cana
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Punta Cana, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, entertainment choices, and live music scene. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing setting. A top sight in the city is Altos de Chavon Village.
- There are 441 hotels and other accommodations in Punta Cana
- The closest major airport is in Punta Cana (PUJ-Punta Cana Intl.) 4.1 from the city center
- The next closest is in La Romana (LRM-La Romana Intl.) 58.1 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Punta Cana
The city is well known for its live music scene and cultural venues like Aromas Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Bavaro Lagoon, Cabeza de Toro, and Dolphin Explorer. Snorkeling is one of the top activities, while Corales Golf Course, Catalonia Caribe Golf Club, and La Cana Golf Course are favorite sights to visit.
In Punta Cana, you'll be able to select from 441 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Eden Roc at Cap Cana - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with a private pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Tortuga Bay Hotel - This 5-star hotel features a marina, a full-service spa, and a private beach.
- Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro Adults Only - All inclusive - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and quiet rooms.
Other top sights in Punta Cana include Altos de Chavon Village.
Dressing for Punta Cana
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 87°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 71°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 77°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 91°F as the daytime average and 73°F as the nighttime average
- Punta Cana gets about 1.81 inches of rain per year
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 71°F