Search Mount Wellington, Auckland Hotels from AU$110
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Check Mount Wellington hotel prices
Reviewed on 26 Dec. 2019
Reviewed on 12 Sep. 2020
Visiting Mount Wellington
Visitors to Mount Wellington are sure to enjoy the shopping, restaurants, and lakeside. Welcoming and relaxing, this city also attracts tourists with its bars. Top sights around the area include Kelly Tarlton's Underwater World, Mt. Eden, and Sky Tower.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Mount Wellington
- The closest major airport is in Auckland (AKL-Auckland Intl.) 11.9 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mount Wellington
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Sylvia Park is a favorite for retail therapy. In the area, you'll also find Kelly Tarlton's Underwater World and Mt. Eden.
Here's a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Ellerslie Palms Motel - This 3-star motel in Greenlane - Ellerslie features free WiFi, free parking, and a business center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and proximity to public transit.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Sky Tower, located 6 mi (9.6 from the city center, and One Tree Hill Domain, which is 3.2 mi (5.1 away.
Getting Around Mount Wellington
If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Auckland Sylvia Park Station, Auckland Pamuere Station, or Auckland Westfield Station. Mount Wellington might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Mount Wellington
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 73°F and the nighttime average to be 57°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 68°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 61°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 50°F at night
- Mount Wellington gets about 49.25 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 72°F, while the coldest months are August and July with an average of 46°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Mount Wellington?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Mount Wellington, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Mount Wellington?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday in Mount Wellington?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Mount Wellington?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Mount Wellington?
Recent Reviews in Mount Wellington
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Mount Wellington airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Mount Wellington?
- Where to stay near top Mount Wellington attractions?
- More accommodation types in Mount Wellington
- What kind of hotels are in Mount Wellington?
- Which hotel chains are in Mount Wellington?
- What are the most popular hotels in Mount Wellington?
- Are there hotels near Mount Wellington?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends