Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Mangere, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, shopping, and lively bar scene. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its cafés and wineries. Top sights around the area include Mt. Eden, Sky Tower, and Kelly Tarlton's Underwater World.
- You'll find 591 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Auckland
- The closest major airport is in Auckland (AKL-Auckland Intl.) 3.7 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mangere
Wine tasting is a top activity, and Villa Maria Estate is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Formula E Indoor Raceway and Otuataua Stonefields.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Mangere. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Jet Park Hotel & Conference Centre - With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Sudima Auckland Airport - Our customers like the bar and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Comfort Inn & Suites Kudos - With a stay at this 3-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its breakfast and proximity to the airport.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Mt. Eden, located 6.7 mi (10.7 from the city center, and Sky Tower, which is 8.7 mi (14 away.
Dressing for Mangere
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 57°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 61°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 50°F
- Mangere gets about 49.25 inches of rain per year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 72°F, whereas August and July are often coldest, averaging 46°F