Search Madrid, Community of Madrid Hotels from AU$99
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 2 Apr. 2020
Reviewed on 11 Mar. 2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Madrid, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, popular theater scene, and renowned art. Tourists who journey to this vibrant city can discover its monuments, architecture, and shopping. Top sights in the city include Plaza Mayor, Prado Museum, and Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum.
- There are 1675 hotels and other accommodations in Madrid
- The closest major airport is in Madrid (MAD-Adolfo Suarez Madrid-Barajas) 12.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Madrid
Known for its museums, theaters, and art, the city's cultural venues include Prado Museum, Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum, and Royal Palace. Attractions like Madrid Zoo Aquarium and Parque Warner Madrid are fun for everyone, not just kids. Its monuments and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Plaza Mayor, Almudena Cathedral, and Plaza de Espana.
In Madrid, you'll be able to select from 1675 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Parador De Alcala - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Relais & Châteaux Hotel Orfila - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Chamberi can enjoy access to a restaurant and free valet parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Madrid include El Rastro, Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofia, and El Retiro Park. One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Royal Monastery of San Lorenzo de El Escorial, located 26.3 mi (42.3 from the center of the city.
Getting Around Madrid
With so many transportation options, exploring Madrid is simple. Walk to nearby metro stations like Sol Station, Gran Via Station, and Callao Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Madrid Recoletos Station, Madrid Principe Pio Station, or Madrid Atocha Station.
Dressing for Madrid
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 61°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 34°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Madrid is 1.14 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 35°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Madrid?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Madrid, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Madrid?
What's the best place to stay when travelling with children to Madrid?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic getaway to Madrid?
What is the favourite LGBTQ-friendly hotel in Madrid?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Madrid?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Madrid?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Madrid?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Madrid?
What's the best hotel in Madrid that's close to historical sites?
Recent Reviews in Madrid
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Madrid airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Madrid?
- Where to stay near top Madrid attractions?
- More accommodation types in Madrid
- What kind of hotels are in Madrid?
- Which hotel chains are in Madrid?
- What are the most popular hotels in Madrid?
- Are there hotels near Madrid?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends