Visiting Lygon Street
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Lygon Street, though many travelers give high marks for the shopping and restaurants. This welcoming city attracts visitors with its cafés. Top attractions around the area include Melbourne Cricket Ground, St. Kilda Beach, and Melbourne Museum.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Lygon Street
- Closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) 18 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Lygon Street
Families come for attractions such as Melbourne Zoo, Melbourne Aquarium, and Melbourne City Baths. Shopping is a highlight of the area, so enjoy some retail therapy at Queen Victoria Market, Melbourne Central, and Bourke Street Mall. With 3 hotels and other accommodations to choose from in Lygon Street, you'll find holiday getaways at affordable rates.
- Quality Hotel Downtowner on Lygon - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a health club. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
- Quest Carlton on Finlay - With a stay at this 3-star apartment, you'll have access to free WiFi, parking, and an in-room kitchen. Our customers like its convenient parking and helpful staff.
- Lygon Lodge - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, you'll have access to free WiFi, free self parking, and a furnished balcony. Visitors like its helpful staff and quiet location.
Outside of the city, popular places to visit include Melbourne Cricket Ground located 1.5 mi (2.4 from city center and St. Kilda Beach which is 4.6 mi (7.4 away.
Dressing for Lygon Street
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 80°F and the nighttime average to be 50°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 68°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 64°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 75°F during the day and 45°F at night
- Lygon Street gets about 0.47 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 78°F while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 41°F